Saturday, March 3, 2007

A gift from Germany...

Ever since Marion posted on her blog saying her package from Carol had arrived, I've been watching my own mail with keen anticipation. Marion and I were the lucky winners of a Valentine's Day drawing at Carol's Boxwood Cottage blog. I told myself to be patient - it takes a lot longer for mail to get from Germany to Idaho than to Wales.

A LOT longer...

But today, my patience was rewarded - Carol's package finally came!

I opened it, and there was a postcard with a nice message from her.



And then the gift-wrapped little present - almost too pretty to open!




And then, my beautiful heart!

Here's one side...


And here's the other...


Thank you, Carol! I've hung it on the wall above my desk. It makes me smile every time I look at it!

3 comments:

Boxwood Cottage said...

Awe Joanne your so sweet to make such a pretty post about the heart! Yes indeed mail takes a lot longer to overseas places than to other places here in Europe. I'm glad to know that you like the heart so much, I think my daughter has picked the right person! Love Carol xox

Reflection Through The Seasons said...

Hi Joanne...
So pleased your heart has arrived, its beautiful. Carol is a very talented lady and creates the most exquisite things. I get such pleasure from her blog, its like turning the pages of a beautifully illustrated magazine.

I see you are still getting snowy weather in Idaho. I sincerely hope for us that we have seen the last of it, however, our winter has been incredibly mild. My geographic knowledge isn’t so good on locating all the states in US, so I checked my map out this morning and found where you are. I think its quite interesting when looking at a map of the world to compare the different latitudes we are on, the UK is quite a bit further north than your state and yet we have shorter and milder winters. However, we are blessed with having the Gulf Stream that warms our shores, so that makes a difference.

Joanne, I’d like to take you up on the offer of how to insert links, I note also that you achieve getting your text under the respective pictures that you post too. I seem to get all my pictures following on and the text in one block. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. You will find my e-mail address on my personal profile.

Have a good day. Marion

Judypatooote said...

There beautiful.....aren't our blogging friends just so generous? And I must add, talented.....